Small law firm in major US city dramatically improves organic search new users (68%), SEO sessions (49%), and mobile traffic (48%) last year in highly competitive market.
Our team started working with a boutique law firm in late 2015. The law firm operates in a major US city and is extremely competitive in organic search optimization. For privacy purposes, we do not including any mentions of the actual firm, only generic Google Analytics screenshots.
The owner of the firm contacted us after a recent web design / organic search issue. Organic traffic had dropped -19.4% the first quarter after a new website launched. New users also dropped -19.6%. Worse than that, the owner’s previous SEO agency was not having success in growing organic search traffic over the previous 12 months.
Actions: SEO for Boutique Law Firm
We rolled out two phases of changes for SEO:
SEO Phase 1 – First 3 Months
- Conducted an SEO Audit to understand what may have happened during the redesign.
- Implemented structural changes to website to recapture lost traffic.
- Implemented design changes to improve overall conversions on website.
SEO Phase 2 – Next 12 Months
- Purchased or secured targeted directory optimized listings for law firm.
- Published weekly, SEO-focused blogs with links to appropriate pages and sources.
- Published 3X/week customized social media posts on all major channels.
- Strategic link-building to improve traffic results for target practice areas.
- Monthly client meetings to tweak blog posts, practice areas, and approach.
Results: SEO for Boutique Law Firm
Last year (2016) was the first full year of managing SEO for this firm. Comparing results last year to the previous year (2015), here’s what happened…
Organic new users improved 67.9% (2,587 vs 1,541).
Organic sessions improved 49.2% (3,130 vs 2,097).
Total mobile traffic rose 48.2% (1,689 vs 1,140).
In addition to traffic growth, online and offline leads improved by similar percentages in 2016. However, we cannot share firm internal data for offline leads and Google Analytics lead tracking was updated in late 2015 so we don’t have a full year to compare.
Call for a Free Consultation
If you need help growing your business’ online presence, leads or sales, contact Search Traffic Pro today for a free consultation.